Appliance couplers for household and similar general purposes - Part 1: General requirements
Note: a commented version of this publication exists
IEC 60320-1:2021 CMV
This document is also valid for appliance inlets/appliance outlets integrated or incorporated in appliances.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2015 and Amendment 1:2018. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- introduction of necessary tolerances throughout this document;
- the heating test from edition 2 is reintroduced in 18.2;
- temperature rise added for plug connectors in Clause 21;
- change for better readability in 23.3;
- updated lateral pull test in 23.6 for connectors/plug connectors with separate front parts;
- revision of 24.1 for ball pressure test;
- Clause 27 for glow wire test is updated;
- revision of Annex C for test sequences;
- additional Annex E for additional tests and requirements for appliance couplers intended to be used in ambient temperatures above +35 °C.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.