IEC 62133:2012 Withdrawn
Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytes - Safety requirements for portable sealed secondary cells, and for batteries made from them, for use in portable applications
IEC 62133:2012 specifies requirements and tests for the safe operation of portable sealed secondary cells and batteries (other than button) containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolyte, under intended use and reasonably foreseeable misuse. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- update of assembly of cells into batteries (5.5);
- addition of design recommendations for lithium system only (5.6.2);
- separation of nickel systems and lithium systems (Clause 6);
- addition of specific requirements and tests for lithium systems (Clause 8);
- addition of charging of secondary lithium-ion cells for safe use (Annex A). The contents of the corrigendum of June 2013 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 21/SC 21A - Secondary cells and batteries containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolytesrss|
|ICS||29.220.30 - Alkaline secondary cells and batteries|
|File size||2532 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.