Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 2-040: Particular requirements for sterilizers and washer-disinfectors used to treat medical materials
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 61010-2-040:2020 RLV
IEC 61010-2-040:2020 specifies safety requirements for electrical equipment intended for sterilization, washing, and disinfection of medical materials in the medical, veterinary, pharmaceutical and laboratory fields, when used under the environmental conditions of 1.4. Examples of such equipment include the following:
- sterilizers and disinfectors using steam and/or hot water as the sterilant;
- sterilizers and disinfectors using toxic gas, toxic aerosol or toxic vapour as the sterilant;
- sterilizers and disinfectors using hot air or hot inert gas as the sterilant; and
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- it is established on the basis of the third edition (2010) of IEC 61010‑1 and its Amendment 1 (2016);
- added tolerance for stability of a.c. voltage test equipment to 18.104.22.168;
- the status of a Group Safety Publication has been removed (this does not change the technical requirements in the document).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 66 - Safety of measuring, control and laboratory equipmentrss|
|ICS||19.080 - Electrical and electronic testing
71.040.10 - Chemical laboratories. Laboratory equipment
|File size||1535 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.