IEC 60512-28-100:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Connectors for electrical and electronic equipment - Tests and measurements - Part 28-100: Signal integrity tests up to 2 000 MHz - Tests 28a to 28g
IEC 60512-28-100:2019 specifies the test methods for signal integrity and transmission performance for connectors specified in respective parts of IEC 60603-7, IEC 61076-1, IEC 61076-2, and IEC 61076-3 standards for connecting hardware applications up to 2 000 MHz. It is also suitable for testing lower frequency connectors, however, the test methodology specified in the detail specification for any given connector remains the reference conformance test for that connector. The above list of connector series of standards does not preclude referencing this document in other connector manufacturer’s specifications or published standards.
Test procedures provided herein are:
– insertion loss, test 28a;
– return loss, test 28b;
– near-end crosstalk (NEXT) test 28c;
– far-end crosstalk (FEXT), test 28d;
– transverse conversion loss (TCL), test 28f;
– transverse conversion transfer loss (TCTL), test 28g.
Other test procedures referenced herein are:
– transfer impedance (ZT), see IEC 60512-26-100, test 26e.
– for coupling attenuation (aC), see IEC 62153-4-12.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, issued in 2013, and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
• The title is revised from 1 000 MHz to 2 000 MHz to reflect the range of frequencies which may be tested.
• All tables and requirements have been revised up to 2 000 MHz.
Key words: Connectors, Signal Integrity Tests
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.