IEC 63077:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Good refurbishment practices for medical imaging equipment
IEC 63077:2019 describes and defines the PROCESS of REFURBISHMENT of USED MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT and applies to the restoring of USED MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT to a condition of safety and performance comparable to that of new MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT i.e. MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT that was not in use. This restoration includes actions such as REPAIR, REWORK, software/hardware updates, and the replacement of worn parts with original parts. This document enumerates the actions, that are performed, and the manner consistent, with relevant specifications and service procedures required to ensure that the REFURBISHMENT of MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT is done without changing the finished MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT’s performance, safety specifications, or INTENDED USE according to its original or applicable valid registration.
The MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT and systems covered by this document include:
– X-RAY EQUIPMENT;
– X-RAY EQUIPMENT for RADIOSCOPICALLY GUIDED INTERVENTIONAL PROCEDURES;
– X-RAY EQUIPMENT FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY;
– MAGNETIC RESONANCE EQUIPMENT;
– ULTRASONIC DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT;
– GAMMA CAMERAS;
– PLANAR WHOLEBODY IMAGING EQUIPMENT;
– equipment for SINGLE PHOTON EMISSION COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (SPECT);
– SPECT/CT hybrid systems, combining a GAMMA CAMERA with X-RAY EQUIPMENT FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT);
– POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHS (PET);
– PET/CT hybrid systems combining a POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPH with X-RAY EQUIPMENT FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY (CT);
– PET/MRI hybrid systems combining a POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPH with MAGNETIC RESONANCE EQUIPMENT: and
– other combinations of the MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT or systems listed above.
This document does not apply to endoscopic equipment, funduscopic equipment, radiation therapy equipment, nor associated systems.
IEC 63077:2019 includes the following significant technical changes with respect to l'IEC PAS 63077:2016:
a) the scope was delineated more clearly;
b) an informative cross reference list of IEC 63077 vs ISO 13485 (Annex A) was added;
c) smaller corrections were performed.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.