Electric vehicle wireless power transfer (WPT) systems - Part 3: Specific requirements for magnetic field wireless power transfer systems
Off-board supply equipment fulfilling the requirements in this document are intended to operate with EV devices fulfilling the requirements described in ISO 19363.
The aspects covered in this document include
– the characteristics and operating conditions,
– the required level of electrical safety,
– requirements for basic communication for safety and process matters if required by a MF WPT system,
– requirements for positioning to assure efficient and safe MF-WPT power transfer, and
– specific EMC requirements for MF-WPT systems.
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
– requirements for MF-WPT systems for two- and three-wheel vehicles,
– requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion,
– requirements for bidirectional power transfer,
– requirements for flush mounted primary device,
– requirements for MF-WPT systems for heavy duty vehicle, and
– requirements for MF-WPT systems with inputs greater than 11,1 kVA.
This document does not apply to
– safety aspects related to maintenance, and
– trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road.
IEC 61980-3:2022 is to be used in conjunction with IEC 61980-1:2020.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 69 - Electrical power/energy transfer systems for electrically propelled road vehicles and industrial trucksrss|
|ICS||43.120 - Electric road vehicles|
|File size||11441 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.