IEC 60079-6:2015+AMD1:2020 CSV
Explosive atmospheres - Part 6: Equipment protection by liquid immersion "o"
- Level of Protection "ob" (EPL "Mb" or "Gb") or
- Level of Protection "oc" (EPL "Gc"). For Level of Protection "ob", this standard applies where the rated voltage does not exceed 11 kV r.m.s. a.c. or d.c. For Level of Protection "oc", this standard applies where the rated voltage does not exceed 15 kV r.m.s. a.c. or d.c. This standard supplements and modifies the general requirements of IEC 60079-0. Where a requirement of this standard conflicts with a requirement of IEC 60079-0, the requirement of this standard takes precedence. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition, published in 2007. This edition constitutes a technical revision. The significant changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- Edition 4 represents a major technical revision of the requirements for oil immersion "o" and should be considered as introducing all new requirements. The normal "Table of Significant Changes" has not been included for this reason. In particular:
- The requirements for oil immersion "o" have been redefined into liquid immersion, levels of protection "ob" and "oc" as recommended by the responses to 31/715/DC;
- The ability to protect sparking contacts has been added to both "ob" and "oc". Additional requirements have been introduced for the protective liquid.
This consolidated version of the official IEC Standard and its amendment contains the fourth edition (2015) and its amendment 1 (2020). Therefore, no need to order amendments in addition to this publication.
Keywords: Ex Equipment and Ex Components with type of protection liquid immersion "o"
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 31 - Equipment for explosive atmospheresrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||1790 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.