Electromagnetic compatibility - Requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar apparatus - Part 2: Immunity - Product family standard
- household appliances or similar equipment;
- electric tools;
- similar equipment;
- Refer to the Scope of the document for examples of equipment.
Included in the scope of this document are also microwave ovens for domestic use or catering.
Equipment which incorporate radio transmit/receive functions are included in the scope of this document. NOTE: For handling cases where equipment under the scope of this document is combined with transmit and/or receive radio functions, see Clause 8.
Excluded from the scope of this document are:
- equipment for which all electromagnetic immunity requirements are explicitly formulated in other CISPR or IEC standards;
- equipment intended to be part of the fixed electrical installation of buildings (e.g. fuses, circuit breakers, cables and switches);
- medical electrical equipment, including those in the scope of CISPR 14-1;
- equipment used only in industrial environment;
- equipment intended to be used exclusively in locations where special electromagnetic conditions exist (e.g. high electromagnetic fields nearby broadcast transmitting stations or high energy pulses nearby power generation stations);
- equipment intended to be used exclusively on a vehicle, ship, boat or aircraft;
- the effects of electromagnetic phenomena relating to the safety of apparatus (see IEC 60335 series);
Also excluded from the scope of this document is AC single-phase equipment with a rated voltage higher than 250 V between phase and neutral and AC multi-phase equipment with rated voltage higher than 480 V. Abnormal operation of the equipment, such as simulated faults in the electric circuitry for testing purposes, is not taken into consideration.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) extension of the frequency range for radiated immunity above 1 GHz;
b) an advanced categorisation of equipment;
c) revision of general test conditions and addition of new specific test conditions (e.g. for robotic equipment);
d) clarification of requirements applicable to equipment incorporating radio functions;
e) addition of requirements for wired network ports;
f) revision of definitions and addition of new ones;
g) delete requirements referring to statistical evaluation.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||CISPR/CIS/F - Interference relating to household appliances tools, lighting equipment and similar apparatusrss|
|ICS||33.100.20 - Immunity|
|File size||1610 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.