IEC 60034-11:2020 RLV
Rotating electrical machines - Part 11: Thermal protection
IEC 60034-11:2020 specifies requirements relating to the use of thermal protectors and thermal detectors incorporated into the stator windings or placed in other suitable positions in induction machines in order to protect them against serious damage due to thermal overloads. It applies to single-speed three-phase 50 Hz or 60 Hz cage induction motors in accordance with IEC 60034-1 and IEC 60034-12 that:
- have a rated voltage up to 1 000 V;
- are intended for direct-on-line or star-delta starting.
The main changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- the additional specification of winding temperature limits for temperature class 200 (N),
- the increased limits of maximum winding temperatures for overloads with rapid variation,
- the clarification that the motor winding may be permanently damaged after it has been exposed to temperatures
- a clarification of the definition of indirect thermal protection,
- a clarification on the test methods for larger motors.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.