Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-37: Particular requirements for commercial electric doughnut fryers and deep fat fryers
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-37:2021 RLV
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
This standard does not apply to
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for continuous mass production of food;
- battery-operated appliances.
This seventh edition cancels and replaces the sixth edition published in 2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text or modified (Clause 1, 7.15, 15.102, 19.1, 22.101, 22.104, 22.105, 22.110, 27.2, 30.101);
c) conciliation of the text of IEC 60335-2-37 with other standards under IEC/TC61/MT32;
d) exclusion of battery-operated appliances and appliances used in areas open to the public (Clause 1);
e) clarification of the testing procedure in 15.1.1;
f) relocation of cleaning instructions from 7.12.1 to 7.12;
g) relocation of 24.101 to 22.121;
h) clarification on the test conditions in 19.1 and 23.3;
i) clarifications in the requirements in 25.3.
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.040.50 - Small kitchen appliances|
|File size||1456 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.