IEC 61753-111-08:2021 PRV
Pre release version
Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Performance standard - Part 111-08: Sealed closures for category G - Ground
IEC 61752-111-08:2021 contains the minimum tests, test severities and measurement requirements which a sealed fibre optic closure need to meet in order to be categorised as meeting the IEC standard for category G – Ground, as defined in Table A.14 of IEC 61753‑1:2018. Free breathing closures are not covered in this document. This first edition cancels and replaces IEC 61753-111-8 published in 2009. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 61753-111-8:
- terms and definitions updated according to IEC 61753-1:2018 and IEC 61756-1:2019;
- test severities updated according to IEC 61753-1:2018;
- sealing tests are done with 20 kPa overpressure;
- pass-fail criterion of pressure loss during test added to mechanical sealing tests;
- vibration sealing test changed to 10 Hz, 3 mm amplitude and 1 000 000 cycles;
- reduced loads added in cable retention test for small diameter cables and tubes;
- reduced loads for cable axial compression test for small diameter cables;
- the duration of the cycles in torsion and bending test is added;
- free fall test removed (is covered by the optical shock test);
- crush resistance test of 1 000 N for 10 min is added;
- assembly and disassembly test: duration reduced to 5 cycles;
- resistance to solvents and contaminating fluids: added immersion in diesel with duration of 1 h and 24 h drying time and added immersion in petroleum jelly for 5 days;
- resistance to stress cracking solvents added for 5 days;
- duration of the change of temperature reduced to 12 cycles;
- water immersion test at 1 m for 7 days added.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86B - Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive componentsrss|
|ICS||33.180.20 - Fibre optic interconnecting devices|
|File size||1497 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.