Information technology - Extensible biometric data interchange formats - Part 6: Iris image data
- generic extensible data interchange formats for the representation of iris image data: a tagged binary data format based on an extensible specification in ASN.1 and a textual data format based on an XML schema definition that are both capable of holding the same information,
- examples of data record contents,
- application specific requirements, recommendations, and best practices in data acquisition, and
- conformance test assertions and conformance test procedures applicable to this document.
The iris image information is stored as:
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444-1, or
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444-1 that can be cropped around the iris, with the iris at the centre, and which can incorporate region-of-interest masking of non-iris regions.
This document also specifies elements of conformance testing methodology, test assertions, and test procedures, as applicable to this document.
- test assertions pertaining to the structure of the iris image data format, as specified in Clauses 6, 7, 8 and 9 of this document,
- test assertions pertaining to internal consistency by checking the types of values that may be contained within each field, and
- semantic test assertions.
The conformance testing methodology specified in this document does not establish:
- tests of other characteristics of biometric products or other types of testing of biometric products (e.g. acceptance, performance, robustness, security), or
- tests of conformance of systems that do not produce data records conforming to the requirements of this document.
This document does not establish:
- requirements on the optical specifications of cameras, or
- requirements on photometric properties of iris images, or
- requirements on enrolment processes, workflow and use of iris equipment.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 37 - Biometricsrss|
|ICS||35.240.15 - Identification cards and related devices|
|File size||2787 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.