IEC 60747-5-6:2021 PRV
Pre release version
Semiconductor devices - Part 5-6: Optoelectronic devices - Light emitting diodes
IEC 60747-5-6:2021 specifies the terminology, the essential ratings and characteristics, the measuring methods and the quality evaluations of light emitting diodes (LEDs) for general industrial applications such as signals, controllers, sensors, etc.
LEDs for lighting applications are out of the scope of this part of IEC 60747.
LEDs are classified as follows:
- LED package;
- LED flat illuminator;
- LED numeric display and alpha-numeric display;
- LED dot-matrix display;
- infrared-emitting diode (IR LED);
- ultraviolet-emitting diode (UV LED).
An integration of LEDs and controlgears, integrated LED modules, semi-integrated LED modules, integrated LED lamps or semi-integrated LED lamps, are out of the scope of this part of IEC 60747.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- ultraviolet-emitting diodes (UV LED) and their related technical contents were added;
- power efficiency (ηPE) as part of electrical and optical characteristics were added;
- new measuring methods related to thermal resistance were added;
- hydrogen sulphide corrosion test was added to quality evaluation;
- some standards were added to the bibliography.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.