IEC 61000-3-12:2011+AMD1:2021 CSV
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 3-12: Limits - Limits for harmonic currents produced by equipment connected to public low-voltage systems with input current >16 A and ≤ 75 A per phase
- nominal voltage up to 240 V, single-phase, two or three wires;
- nominal voltage up to 690 V, three-phase, three or four wires;
- nominal frequency 50 Hz or 60 Hz. Other distribution systems are excluded. The limits given in this edition apply to equipment when connected to 230/400 V, 50 Hz systems. This standard applies to equipment intended to be connected to low-voltage systems interfacing with the public supply at the low-voltage level. It does not apply to equipment intended to be connected only to private low-voltage systems interfacing with the public supply only at the medium- or high-voltage level. This standard defines:
a) requirements and emission limits for equipment;
b) methods for type tests and simulations. Tests according to this International Standard are type tests of complete pieces of equipment. Conformity with this standard can also be determined by validated simulations. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004 and constitutes a technical revision. The significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- the replacement of the reference fundamental current I1 by the reference current Iref for the calculation of emission limits;
- a new added table of current emission limits (Table 5);
- a new added annex (Annex A) to define test conditions for some types of equipment;
- Deletion of the former Annexes B (Approximate interpolation formulas) and D (Information on the PWHD factor).
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.