IEC 60335-2-106:2021 RLV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-106: Particular requirements for heated carpets and for heating units for room heating installed under removable floor coverings
IEC 60335-2-106:2021 deals with the safety of
- portable heated carpets;
- heated carpets and similar appliances;
- heating units to heat the room in which they are located and that are intended to be installed directly under materials used as a removable floor covering such as carpet, cushion vinyl, or loose laid laminate,
their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase installations and 480 V for other installations, including direct current (DC) supplied appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
- in many countries different wiring rules apply;
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national authorities for fire protection, the national authorities for building regulations, the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- blankets, pads and similar flexible heating appliances (IEC 60335-2-17);
- heated mats and foot warmers with an area not exceeding 0,5 m2 (IEC 60335-2-81);
- flexible sheet heating systems permanently incorporated in the floor of the building structure (IEC 60335-2-96);
- flexible heating elements incorporated in other appliances;
- battery-operated appliances.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2007. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the text has been aligned with IEC 60335-1:2020;
b) some notes have been converted to normative text (Clause 1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.6, 7.12.1, 7.101, 10.1, 18.101.1, 18.101.2, 18.102.5, 19.1, 19.103, 21.1, 21.104, 21.105, 30.102);
c) requirements for portable heated carpets have been added (Clause 1, 5.2, 5.5, 6.1, 6.2, 7.1, 7.6, 7.12, 7.14, 7.101, 11.8, 15.1, 15.101, 16.1, 16.2, 16.3, 19.101, 19.102. 19.103, 21.105, 21.106, 24.1.5, 24.2, 29.3);
d) requirements for washable portable heated carpets have been added (5.3, 7.1, 7.6, 7.12, 7.14);
e) the test of 30.102 has been updated.
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments unless that edition precludes it; in that case, the latest edition that does not preclude it is used. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.100.10 - Electric heaters|
13.120 - Domestic safety
|File size||2281 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.