IEC 62052-41:2022 PRV
Pre release version
Electricity metering equipment – General requirements, tests and test conditions – Part 41: Energy registration methods and requirements for multi-energy and multi-rate meters
IEC 62052-41:2022 applies only to newly manufactured multi-energy and/or multi-rate static meters and it applies to their type tests only.
This document applies to electricity metering equipment designed to:
• measure and control electrical energy on networks with voltage up to 1 000 V AC, or 1 500 V DC;
• have all functional elements, including add-on modules, enclosed in, or forming a single meter case with exception of indicating displays;
• operate with integrated displays;
• operate with detached indicating displays, or without an indicating display;
• be installed in a specified matching socket or rack;
• optionally, provide additional functions other than those for measurement of electrical energy.
Meters designed for operation with Low Power Instrument Transformers (LPITs as defined in the IEC 61869 series) may be tested for compliance with this document and the relevant IEC 62053 series documents only if such meters and their LPITs are tested together as directly connected meters.
This document does not apply to:
• meters for which the voltage line-to-neutral derived from nominal voltages exceeds 1 000 V AC, or 1 500 V DC;
• meters intended for connection with low power instrument transformers (LPITs as defined in the IEC 61869 series of standards) when tested without such transformers;
• metering systems comprising multiple devices (except for LPITs) physically remote from one another;
• portable meters;
• meters used in rolling stock, vehicles, ships and airplanes;
• laboratory and meter test equipment;
• reference standard meters;
• data interfaces to the register of the meter;
• matching sockets or racks used for installation of electricity metering equipment.
This document does not cover measures for the detection and prevention of fraudulent attempts to compromise a meter’s performance (tampering).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 13 - Electrical energy measurement and controlrss|
|ICS||17.220.20 - Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities|
|File size||829 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.