Fire hazard testing - Part 11-20: Test flames - 500 W flame test method
- The Part title has been modified to the singular - 500 W flame test method;
- Editorial changes have been made throughout the document for the purpose of aligning IEC 60695-11-10 with IEC 60695-11-20;
- The Introduction has been modified to clarify the description of the test method;
- The Scope has been modified for clarification;
- All occurrences of the term "fixture" have been deleted from the document;
- Preferred thickness values have been added to 7.2 and 7.3;
- 7.4.4: 'Thickness measurement' is now numbered 7.5 to which a new Table 1 - Thickness tolerances has been added;
- New Subclause 8.1.4 'Conditioning of the cotton pad' has been added;
- 8.2.3 clarifies the application of the test flame to distorted specimens;
- Explanatory notes have been added to Figures 5 and 6 and the Bibliography has been updated and references added. This basic safety publication is intended for use by technical committees in the preparation of standards in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51. Key words: Test flames,Fire Hazard, Fire Test Method
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60695-11-3:2012. The contents of the corrigendum of January 2016 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 89 - Fire hazard testingrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
|File size||1789 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.