IEC TS 61980-3:2019
Electric vehicle wireless power transfer (WPT) systems - Part 3: Specific requirements for the magnetic field wireless power transfer systems
This document also applies to MF-WPT equipment supplied from on-site storage systems (e.g. buffer batteries) at standard supply voltages ratings per IEC 60038 up to 1 000 V AC and up to 1 500 V DC.
The aspects covered in this document include
– the characteristics and operating conditions,
– the required level of electrical safety,
– requirements for basic communication for safety and process matters if required by a MF-WPT system,
– requirements for positioning to assure efficient and safe MF-WPT power transfer, and
– specific EMC requirements for MF-WPT systems.
The following aspects are under consideration for future documents:
– requirements for two- and three-wheel vehicles,
– requirements for MF-WPT systems supplying power to EVs in motion, and
– requirements for bidirectional power transfer.
This standard does not apply to
– safety aspects related to maintenance, and
– trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road.
|Publication type||Technical Specification|
|TC/SC||TC 69 - Electrical power/energy transfer systems for electrically propelled road vehicles and industrial trucksrss|
|ICS||43.120 - Electric road vehicles|
|File size||8227 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.