Tests for electric cables under fire conditions - Circuit integrity - Part 1: Test method for fire with shock at a temperature of at least 830°C for cables of rated voltage up to and including 0,6/1,0 kV and with an overall diameter exceeding 20 mm
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60331-1:2018 RLV
– extension of the scope to include metallic data and telecom cables and optical fibre cables, although details for the specific point of failure, continuity checking arrangement, test sample, test procedure and test report relevant to metallic data and telecom cables and optical fibre cables are not given by IEC 60331-1;
– improved description of the test environment;
– modified steel test ladder with two extra vertical elements to accommodate the modified testing of single core cables without concentric metal layer and the testing of cables with a bending radius in normal use larger than approximately 400 mm;
– mandatory use of mass flow meters/controllers as the means of controlling accurately the input flow rates of fuel and air to the burner;
– improved description of the information to be included in the test report.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 20 - Electric cablesrss|
|ICS||29.060.20 - Cables|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products
|File size||1326 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.