Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 2: Power switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- assemblies for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC;
- assemblies designed for a nominal frequency of the incoming supply or supplies not exceeding 1 000 Hz;
NOTE 1 Frequencies above 1 kHz are considered as high frequencies, see also IEC 60664-1:2007, 220.127.116.11.5 to take into account additional constraints to insulation coordination.
- assemblies intended for indoor and outdoor applications;
- stationary or movable assemblies with or without enclosures;
- assemblies intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electrical energy, and for the control of equipment consuming electrical energy and for associated data processing;
- assemblies designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles, provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
NOTE 2 Supplementary requirements for assemblies in ships are covered by IEC 60092-302-2.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2011. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) addition of Annexes DD, EE and FF for assemblies for use in photovoltaic installation;
b) clarification of the requirements for forms of internal separation and the addition of the requirement, when the form of separation is higher than 1, all parts within the functional unit compartment that remain live when the functional unit is switched off shall be protected to at least IPXXB;
c) alignment with the structure of IEC 61439-1:2020;
d) addition of temperature-rise verification for; (i) temperature-rise verification of assemblies with natural cooling and circuits rated above 1 600 A by a combination of comparison with a reference design and calculation, and; (ii) temperature-rise verification of assemblies with active cooling and rated currents up to 1 600 A;
e) consideration of IP with active cooling.
|English, English/French, Spanish
|TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss
|29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.