Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 5: Assemblies for power distribution in public networks
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 61439-5:2023 RLV
- used for the distribution of electrical energy in three phase systems for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V AC (see Figure 101 for a typical distribution network) and DC systems not exceeding 1 500 V DC;
- open type assemblies are not covered by this document;
- suitable for installation in places where only skilled persons have access for their use, however, outdoor types can be installed in situations that are accessible to ordinary persons
- intended for use in energy distribution in public power grids;
- indoor use: assemblies for installation inside of electric power substations;
- outdoor use: assemblies containing an enclosure suitable for open air installation.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) omission of the requirement to conduct mechanical tests at -25 °C when enclosures are made of a metallic material;
b) addition of assumed loading factors generation supplies and electric vehicle charging applications;
c) additional dielectric tests when a PENDA is used in a distribution substation with separate HV and LV earths;
d) further clarification of representative samples for design verification.
|TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss
|29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.