Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 5-2: Control circuit devices and switching elements - Proximity switches
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2007 and Amendment 1:2012. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- update of the scope;
- adaptation and update of the construction requirements according to IEC Guide 116 (e.g. material requirements, artificial optical radiation, instruction requirements, hot surface, unattended operation, foreseeable misuse…);
- modification of the specifications concerning the sensing range and operating distance;
- new definitions for photoelectric proximity switch type D with background suppression;
- integration of the requirements and test procedures of photoelectric proximity switch type D with background suppression;
- update of EMC requirements in Table 9 and Table 10;
- integration of environmental information requirements and environmental condition by referencing Annexes O, W and Q of IEC 60947-1:2007, IEC 60947-1:2007/AMD1:2010 and IEC 60947-1:2007/AMD2:2014;
- modification of impulse withstand voltage test (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168.5);
- modification of the references in the (normative) standard body to the (informative) Annex A;
- major update of Annex A (definitions update, new dimensions and shapes);
- update of C.9.1.1;
- update of Annex D in order to consider new connector types and normative references;
- update of Annex F (additional symbols for photoelectric proximity switches).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121A - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgearrss|
|ICS||29.120.40 - Switches|
29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear
|File size||7872 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.