Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 7-1: Ancillary equipment - Terminal blocks for copper conductors
- terminal blocks requiring the fixing of special devices to the conductors, for example quick connect terminations or wrapped connections, etc.;
- terminal blocks providing direct contact to the conductors by means of edges or points penetrating the insulation, for example insulation displacement connections, etc.;
- special types of terminal blocks, for example with diodes or varistors or similar component holders, etc.
Where applicable in this standard, the term "clamping unit" has been used instead of the term "terminal". This is taken into account in case of reference to IEC 60947-1. The main technical modifications of this standard since this previous publication are listed below:
- added in the scope that this standard may be used as a guide for special types of terminal blocks, for example with diodes or varistors or similar component holders;
- the conventional free air thermal current added in 5.2 in the list of information to be stated by the manufacturer;
- update of 7.1.4 that the colour combination green-yellow is not allowed for terminal blocks;
- the consequences in case of failed single tests and failed tests within test sequences specified in 8.2;
- requirements regarding clearances and creepage distances replaced by reference to Annex H of IEC 60947-1, Annex A deleted;
- requirements for tightening torques for the tests improved and referenced to Table 4 of IEC 60947-1, Annex C deleted;
- in 220.127.116.11 changed reference for pull-out force to IEC 60947-1;
- the wording of the test of the voltage drop improved in 8.4.4;
- the wording of the short-time withstand current test improved in 8.4.6;
- Annex D with additional requirements for test disconnect terminal blocks added. The scope modified accordingly.
This publication shall be read in conjunction with IEC 60947-1:2007.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121A - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgearrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||1182 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.