Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 6-2: Multiple function equipment - Control and protective switching devices (or equipment) (CPS)
It covers control and protective switching device (CPS):
- which provides protective and control functions for circuits and motors;
- where its control function is operated exclusively otherwise than by hand;
- which provides continuity of service after over-current conditions; and
- which can have additional functions, such as isolation or communication.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- editorial changes according to ISO/IEC directives Part 2,
- alignments with IEC 60947-1:2020:
- markings ("s", "sol", "r" or "f");
- constructional requirements including material requirements;
- requirements for screwless terminals;
- measurement method of the pole impedance;
- EMC requirement and testing;
- procedure to determine data for electromechanical CPS’s used in functional safety applications;
- harmonisation with IEC 60947-2:2016:
- operation tests of under-voltage relays and shunt releases;
- CPS for IT systems (Annex G);
- coordination with other short-circuit protective devices;
- alignments with IEC 60947-4-1:2018:
- test at the rated conditional short-circuit current Iq of protected switching devices;
- short-circuit tests harmonisation with North America;
- reliability data for functional safety applications (new Annex K);
- safety aspects related to electronic circuits and protective impedance (new Annex N);
- introduction of provisions covering the impact of higher locked rotor current to achieve high efficiency class;
- mention of dedicated wiring accessories;
- definitions and measurement method of the power consumption of the control circuit during holding and pick-up operations;
- load monitoring indicators (new Annex M).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121A - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgearrss|
|ICS||29.120.40 - Switches|
29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear
|File size||3931 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.