IEC 60335-2-29:2016+AMD1:2019 CSV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-29: Particular requirements for battery chargers
- battery chargers, except those for installing in caravans and similar vehicles;
- battery chargers that are part of an appliance, the battery of which is not accessible to the user;
- battery chargers intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- battery chargers intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- battery chargers for emergency lighting or supply units for electronic equipment. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2002 including its Amendment 1 (2004) and its Amendment 2 (2009). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the fourth edition of IEC 60335-2-29 are as follows (minor changes are not listed):
- Revised the drop test to refer to IEC 60068-2-31 (21.101);
- Requirements for supply cords on battery chargers used at low temperatures (25.7);
- Requirements for battery chargers having an output voltage exceeding SELV have been added (1, 3.2.2, 3.4.3, 10.101, 24.4, 25.5, 25.7, 25.8, 25.15. 26.5);
- A classification for battery chargers used outdoors has been added (6.2, 29.2) and some notes in Clause 1, Subclauses 7.1 and 22.102, Figure 101 and Annex AA 11.8 have been converted to normative text. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this standard be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of its publication.
This consolidated version consists of the fifth edition (2014) and its amendment 1 (2019). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 60335-1:2010.
Key words: Battery, Battery Charger
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||29.200 - Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply
97.180 - Miscellaneous domestic and commercial equipment
|File size||1711 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.