Protection against lightning - Part 2: Risk management
1) Risk assessment for services connected to structures is excluded from the scope.
2) Injuries of living beings caused by electric shock inside the structure are considered.
3) Tolerable risk of loss of cultural heritage is lowered from 10-3 to 10-4. The value of tolerable risk of loss of economic value (RT = 10-3) is introduced, to be used when data for cost/benefit analysis are not available.
4) Extended damage to surroundings structures or to the environment is considered.
5) Improved equations are provided for evaluation of
- collection areas relevant to flashes nearby a structure,
- collection areas relevant to flashes to and nearby a line,
- probabilities that a flash can cause damage,
- loss factors even in structures with risk of explosion,
- risk relevant to a zone of a structure,
- cost of loss.
6) Tables are provided to select the relative amount of loss in all cases.
7) Impulse withstand voltage level of equipments was extended down to 1 kV.
This bilingual version corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2010-12.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 81 - Lightning protectionrss|
|ICS||29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
91.120.40 - Lightning protection
|File size||2371 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.