Protection against lightning - Part 4: Electrical and electronic systems within structures
1) Isolating interfaces capable of reducing conducted surges on lines entering the structure are introduced.
2) Minimum cross-sections for bonding components are slightly modified.
3) First negative impulse current is introduced for calculation purposes as electromagnetic source of harm to the internal systems.
4) Selection of SPD with regard to voltage protection level is improved to take into account oscillation and induction phenomena in the circuit downstream of SPD.
5) Annex C dealing with SPD coordination is withdrawn and referred back to SC 37A.
6) A new informative Annex D is introduced giving information on factors to be considered in the selection of SPDs.
This bilingual version (2012-06) corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2010-12.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 81 - Lightning protectionrss|
|ICS||29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
91.120.40 - Lightning protection
|File size||3283 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.