Protection against lightning - Part 3: Physical damage to structures and life hazard
1) Minimum thicknesses of metal sheets or metal pipes given in Table 3 for air-termination systems are assumed as not able to prevent hot-spot problems.
2) Steel with electro-deposited copper is introduced as material suitable for LPS.
3) Some cross-sectional areas of LPS conductors were slightly modified.
4) For bonding purposes, isolating spark gaps are used for metal installations and SPD for internal systems.
5) Two methods simplified and detailed are provided for evaluation of separation distance.
6) Protection measures against injuries of living beings due to electric shock are considered also inside the structure.
7) Improved information for LPS in the case of structures with a risk of explosion are given in Annex D (normative).
This bilingual version (2012-06) corresponds to the monolingual English version, published in 2010-12.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.