IEC TR 60664-2-1:2011
Insulation coordination for equipment within low-voltage systems - Part 2-1: Application guide - Explanation of the application of the IEC 60664 series, dimensioning examples and dielectric testing
a) nominal system voltage(s) or rated insulation voltage(s);
b) overvoltage category of the products (OV cat.);
c) any type of overvoltages;
d) frequency of the voltage;
e) characteristics of the solid insulating material;
f) pollution degree and humidity levels.
The main changes with respect to the previous edition are listed below:
- the previous edition was only an application guide for IEC 60664-1. This second edition takes into account not only IEC 60664-1 but also the other parts IEC 60664-3, IEC 60664-4, and IEC 60664-5 and their interrelation;
- principles of the IEC 60664 series for insulation dimensioning of LV equipment are explained and examples of practical application are provided together with some background information;
- Annex A provides an overview of clauses of IEC 60664-1 requiring decisions by technical committees, or specification of options, or requiring activities of the manufacturer;
- Annex B provides an overview of such clauses of IEC 60664-4;
- Annex C provides an overview of such clauses of IEC 60664-5;
- Annex D amends the tables of Annex F of IEC 60664-1:2007 with rated impulse voltages for voltages line to neutral derived from nominal d.c. voltages up to and including 1 500 V.
The contents of the corrigendum of October 2011 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||Technical Report|
|TC/SC||TC 109 - Insulation co-ordination for low-voltage equipmentrss|
|ICS||29.080.30 - Insulation systems|
|File size||1888 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.