Insulation coordination for equipment within low-voltage systems - Part 4: Consideration of high-frequency voltage stress
- through liquid insulation,
- through gases other than air,
- through compressed air.
The object of this standard is to guide technical committees responsible for different equipment in order to rationalise their requirements so that insulation coordination is achieved when specifying clearances in air, creepage distances and solid insulation for equipment. The major changes made during the revision of IEC 60664-4 were the following:
- inclusion of more recent information about the withstand characteristics of insulation at high-frequency voltage stress (see Annexes A, B and C);
- inclusion of requirements for the dimensioning of clearances at high-frequency voltage stress (see Clause 4);
- inclusion of requirements for the dimensioning of creepage distances at high-frequency voltage stress (see Clause 5);
- inclusion of requirements for the dimensioning of solid insulation at high-frequency voltage stress (see Clause 6);
- inclusion of diagrams to provide guidance on dimensioning with respect to high-frequency voltage stress (see Annex F);
specification of tests with respect to high-frequency voltage stress (see Clause 7);
- inclusion of test circuits for high-frequency voltage withstand testing and partial discharge testing (see Annex D.1 and D.2.1);
- inclusion of design criteria for partial discharge test circuits at high-frequency voltage (see Annex D.2.2);
- inclusion of criteria for dealing with non sinusoidal voltage stress (see Clause 8 and Annex E).
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 109 - Insulation co-ordination for low-voltage equipmentrss|
|ICS||29.080.30 - Insulation systems|
|File size||3865 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.